a chocolate cake with dalgona coffee flavor without using egg, butter, milk & baking powder
Today is monday and you all must have noticed that I have been associated with a gourmet group which focuses to make a post on each Monday according to a predecided theme. We, few food bloggers are there and each has a turn to suggest theme in alphabetical order. I joined this group on its 102th week and prepared this Mango Donut (Doughnut) Cake with Chocolate Glaze which was my first post in that group. We celebrated the 200th week of this group last year and I prepared this Stuffed Mango Sandesh for the celebration. And can you believe again today is a celebration time for this group as the group is on its 250th week. So we, all the bloggers have decided to make this special by baking cakes. I am here with some Dalgona Muffins (VEGAN). Check just the below image, isn’t looking so special and visually indicating the celebration !!
Well coming to the cake, sounds quite interesting or not ? If you are a coffee lover and that too dalgona coffee, then this is the best for you with all those flavors 🙂
What is Dalgona Coffee ?
This is simply a mix of instant coffee, sugar and hot water in a bowl until it becomes frothy. Then this mix is added to milk and it is ready to drink !
Here the muffins have this dalgona flavor, but there is
EGG, BUTTER, BAKING POWDER and MILK.
Ingredients of this Dalgona Muffin :
Here the muffins have a frosting which is also without any cream and butter.
For the frosting, instant coffee powder along with some powdered sugar and hot water is mixed to get a fluffy and creamy frosting.
For the muffins, ingredients are :
- All purpose flour (maida) I have used. One can use whole wheat flour and even 1:1 ratio of wheat flour and all purpose flour.
- 1 cup of coffee is used here. For this, simply mix 1/2 tbsp of instant coffee powder with 1 cup of hot water. Allow to cool down and then use for the muffin.
- Chocolate and coffee is a classic combination, so don’t skip here the cocoa powder.
- Powdered form of sugar is better instead of granulated ones. One can also use jaggery powder here instead of sugar.
- Baking soda along with vinegar are the key factor of the sponginess in these muffins. Any fruit vinegar can be used. I have used apple cider vinegar.
- Vanilla essence is added for extra flavoring, but optional.
- Any vegetable oil can use. I have opted olive oil.
- Salt modifies overall flavor of the muffins which is much needed in most baked dish.
Preparation in details :
First the oven is preheated to 180 deg C andthe muffin molds are lightly greased with oil (not mandatory, but by doing this muffins come out cleanly from the molds). Next in a mixing bowl all purpose flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda are sifted and kept aside. In another mixing bowl the coffee along with olive oil, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar are mixed well. Then the dry ingredients are added to the wet ingredients. Everything is mixed using a hand whisk or spatula. After that the batter is poured into the greased muffin molds and baked for 18-20 mins or till a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean. Those are then allowed to cool down completely.
Next in a mixing bowl the coffee powder, hot water and powdered sugar are mixed and whisked using either hand whisk or electric whisk till it gets light, fluffy and also peaks appear (using electric whisk it will take 3-5 mins and using hand whisk, it will take little more time). Then using a piping bag fitted with any desirable nozzle or even without any nozzle (i have picked a medium star nozzle) is filled with this fluffy coffee mixture and all the muffins are decorated as per choice.
Serving suggestion :
For a coffee fan, this is a perfect baked dish. These muffins are very easy to make and even taste so so yummy. The no cream and no butter frosting on top surely gives a nice coffee taste in the first bite. So do make this Dalgona Muffin (which is completely VEGAN) !
Also do check other coffee recipes from this blog :
Now let’s go through how to make “Dalgona Muffin (VEGAN)” at home 👇
Video procedure of this “Dalgona Muffin (VEGAN)” :
: Recipe Card :
Dalgona Muffin (VEGAN)
Prep time: 30 MCook time: 20 MTotal time: 50 M
a vegan chocolate cake with dalgona coffee flavor without baking powder
for the Cake
- All purpose flour 1.5 cup
- Cocoa powder 3 tbsp
- Coffee (1 cup hot water + 1/2 tbsp instant coffee) 1 cup
- Powdered sugar 2/3 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Olive oil 1/3 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
for the Frosting
- Instant coffee powder 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar 4 tbsp
- Hot water 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Lightly grease muffin molds with oil (not mandatory, but by doing this muffins come out cleanly from the molds) and keep aside.
- Sift all purpose flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl take coffee, olive oil, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Next add the sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything using a hand whisk or spatula.
- Immediately pour the batter into the greased muffin molds and bake for 18-20 mins or till a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven and let the muffins to cool down completely. Keep aside.
- Next in a mixing bowl, take coffee powder, hot water and powdered sugar.
- Using hand whisk or electric whisk, whisk till it gets light, fluffy and also peaks appear (using electric whisk it will take 3-5 mins and using hand whisk, it will take little more time).
- Then take a piping bag fitted with any desirable nozzle or even without any nozzle (i have picked a medium star nozzle).
- Fill it with the fluffy coffee mixture and then decorate the muffins as per choice. Serve !
Sugar quantity can be adjusted here. Instead of 3/4 cup, one can use 1 cup powdered sugar if more sweetness is desired.
Instead of vinegar, 1 tsp of eno can be used here. If preferring for the eno then after mixing the wet and dry ingredients just add the eno and mix everything well.
Either regular vinegar / apple cider vinegar one can opt to make these muffins.
Dalgona muffins, no egg, no butter, no milk, Coffee
muffins, vegan bake, baking, No Baking powder, coffee muffins, Eggless, Vegetarian
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @firsttimercook on instagram and hashtag it #firsttimercook
PIN for later :