The Carrot Date Muffin is a healthy tea-time food as it is made using whole wheat flour, sweetened with dates. Carrots add both sweetness and extra fiber to this guilt-free treat.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Carrot Date Muffins (Egg-free, Refined sugar-free, Butter-free)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 18-20 no. Dates (Seedless)
- ¾ cup Carrot (grated)
- 1¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- Walnut (chopped) few
- In a bowl, soak dates in 1 cup of warm milk for 15-20 minutes till they soften up completely.
- Cover the bowl and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile sieve all the dry ingredients as wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Also preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Lightly grease muffin molds with oil (not mandatory, but by doing this muffins come out cleanly from the molds) and keep aside.
- Now grind soaked dates and milk together to make smooth paste.
- Take the paste in a mixing bowl.
- Into that add oil, vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture gradually while adding 1/4 cup remaining milk little by little.
- Mix the batter by cut & fold method. Don’t overmix the batter.
- Immediately pour the batter into the greased muffin molds till 3/4rth filled and sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 mins or till a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven and let the muffins to cool down completely.
- Serve and enjoy !
- I have used olive oil here. You can also use sunflower oil, avocado oil, or canola oil also.
- Maida (all-purpose flour) can be used instead of atta (wheat flour).
- The quantity of milk used here depends on the quality of flour used. If using all-purpose flour (maida), then check the consistency of the batter by adding milk little by little. You might require lesser milk in that case.
- Apart from walnuts, you can also opt for hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios or pecans, etc.
- To make these muffins Vegan, replace the dairy milk with plant-based milk like almond or soy milk.
- I have not added any sugar just to make it refined sugar-free. If you wish, then just add 3-4 tbsp brown sugar here.