These rice flour almond cookies are prepared using naturally gluten-free flour – rice flour and flavored with almonds. The super crisp and crumbly texture of these is totally loved by all age groups for sure.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Rice Flour Almond Cookies (gluten-free, egg-free)
These rice flour almond cookies is prepared using the naturally gluten free flour – rice flour and flavored with almonds. Super crisp and crumbly texture of these are totaly loved by all age group for sure.
- 1½ cup Rice flour
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Almond (ground)
- Almond (sliced) few
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Vanila essence
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- In a mixing bowl first whisk butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence, cornstarch, salt and mix well.
- Then add the rice flour in batches along with ground alomnds and mix.
- Make a dough by adding 1 tbsp of water at a time.
- Divide the dough into two parts first.
- Place a parchment paper on work surface and put one part of the dough.
- Cover the dough with another parchment paper and start to roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Now peel the top parchment paper and sprinkle half of the amond slices all over.
- Gently pressed and then cut the rolled dough into any desired cookie shape. I have kept these as rectangular.
- With the help of a flat spatula, transfer the the cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper keeping about 1 inch space in between.
- Similaly make shapes from the other part of the dough and arrange over the baking tray.
- Keep the tray in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 170 deg C.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to browned.
- Transfer the tray to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Store these Rice Flour Almond Cookies in an air-tight container to serve later !
- Add water little by little to get a perfect dough, don’t add all at a time.
- These cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container.
- I have used almonds here. Any other nuts like pistachio, cashew will fit well.
Crisp and crunchy cookies with the flavor of almond and vanilla . Love how you have used rice flour to make them ..
Rice flour almond cookies sounds so good. Baked to perfection. Crisp and crunchy cookies perfect for the tea time. Beautifully captured .
What a lovely recipe, Sasmita! Love the look of these crunchy biscuits. With the flavours of almond, what’s to not love?! Beautiful pics!
Rice flour almond cookies looks fabulous Sasmita. I can imagine the crispy crunchy texture and delectable taste. Also loved your click
These sound delicious! Genius to make rice flour cookies and this will be a super hit with kids!
Had extra rice flour and was searching for a cookie recipe that has rice flour. These came out great.
The recipe directions mentioned to add vanilla essence but didn’t specify how much in the ingredients. I added ½tsp and it made the biscuits fragrant. They hold their shape after baking and didn’t spread much at all.
I prefer a thinner and crunchier biscuit so I rolled them out thinner and baked them till they’re slightly more browned. My mum loves almonds and she is a fan after she tried them.
Thanks for the great recipe!
Glad to hear that the recipe came out great !
yes, I forgot to mention the vanilla essence. Now that is updated.
Thank you so much!