These rice flour almond cookies are prepared using naturally gluten-free flour – rice flour and flavored with almonds. The super crisp and crumbly texture of these is totally loved by all age groups for sure.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Rice Flour Almond Cookies (gluten-free, egg-free)
- 1½ cup Rice flour
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Almond (ground)
- Almond (sliced) few
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Vanila essence
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- In a mixing bowl first whisk butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence, cornstarch, salt and mix well.
- Then add the rice flour in batches along with ground alomnds and mix.
- Make a dough by adding 1 tbsp of water at a time.
- Divide the dough into two parts first.
- Place a parchment paper on work surface and put one part of the dough.
- Cover the dough with another parchment paper and start to roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Now peel the top parchment paper and sprinkle half of the amond slices all over.
- Gently pressed and then cut the rolled dough into any desired cookie shape. I have kept these as rectangular.
- With the help of a flat spatula, transfer the the cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper keeping about 1 inch space in between.
- Similaly make shapes from the other part of the dough and arrange over the baking tray.
- Keep the tray in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 170 deg C.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to browned.
- Transfer the tray to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Store these Rice Flour Almond Cookies in an air-tight container to serve later !
- Add water little by little to get a perfect dough, don’t add all at a time.
- These cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container.
- I have used almonds here. Any other nuts like pistachio, cashew will fit well.