Roti poha is a delicious and healthy breakfast as well as a snack idea to use all the leftover roti.
📖 RECIPE CARD
- 3 no. Roti
- 1 no. Onion (chopped) (medium)
- 2 no. Green chili
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- ¼ tsp Cumin seed
- ¼ tsp Mustard seed
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) few
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Sambar powder
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- First tear roughly all the left over roti.
- Put them all in a grinder jar and grind into small flakes. Do not make a powder.
- Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Add the green chilies, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add peanuts along with finely chopped onion and fry till peanuts are brown.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and mix well.
- Then add the ground roti flakes and mix again.
- Sprinkle some water and give a quick mix.
- Cover the pan and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- After that, turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped corinader leaves.
- Mix well till well combined and serve hot with some masala tea !
- Add any vegetables like finely chopped cabbage, carrots, etc if desired.
- Some namkeen mixture can be topped just before serving.
- Sambar powder is optional. But this gives a nice flavor to roti poha.