a fiery twist to the classic margarita using the king of fruit, Mango.
perfect idea for any summer party beverage
Do you like the combo of chili with mango ?
I like this combination whether the mango is ripe or unripe 😉 when I was a kid, summer means it was mango time. And yes, it is still continuing ;P. I love to sprinkle some salt and chili powder mixture over green mango slices and devour. By the time, I also tried to use this with ripe mangoes. And surprisingly, this tastes even better to me.
So here is a recipe of that pair as Mango Chili Margarita, and do you know this is virgin (means no alcohol 😉 )!
check this Jamun Margarita without alcohol
Virgin Mango Chili Margarita
- 1 cup Mango chunks
- ¾ cup Mango juice
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1½ tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Lime slice for garnishing
- Ice cubes few
- Take the mango chunks in a blender jar along with lime juice, 1/2 tsp chili powder and make a fine puree.
- Add in mango juice and blend again.
- In a plate, mix chili powder and sea salt. Keep aside.
- Now take a serving glass and rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass.
- Upside down the rim of the glass over the plate containing chili-salt mixture so that the rim get well coated.
- Then tap the glass to remove any extra. Keep aside.
- Put some ice cubes into the glass and pour the margarita.
- Garnish with a lime sice and enjoy !
- Adjust the consistency by adding less or more mango juice.
- I have not added any sugar, as the mangoes are too ripe and sweet. So check the sweetness accordingly.