Beetroot or Beet or Chukandar (in Hindi) is typically a root vegetable. Good quality, fresh beetroots should have their green leaves intact. Beets are a low-calorie food packed with a variety of nutrients. The health benefits of beets are wide ranging. Like most other plant-based foods, beets are high in nutrients yet low in calories. The antioxidants content of this colorful root vegetable also offers additional benefits, such as reduced risk of cellular damage, helps to lower the blood pressure, fights inflammation, support detoxification and many more as well.
Well the current post is all about a beverage which is being prepared having the main ingredient, Beetroot as ‘Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk with Roasted flavor’ / ‘Bhune Chukandar Masala Chaas‘. The hardest and most tedious part here is waiting for the roasted beetroots to cook in the oven. Otherwise the beverage can be prepared within few minutes. Roasting in the oven enhances mostly the earthy flavors in the beet.
This beverage is a perfect blend of tasty and healthy factor. After roasting the beetroot, these are blended well along with some ginger and green chili and then the juice of this mixture is added with curd. Finally a tempering of mustard seed and curry leaves is added to give a masala touch to the whole dish. This beverage has the mix flavor of very mild sweetness which comes from the roasted beetroot and a masala zing from the tempering part. For any party beverage, this will be a sure shot hit in the menu chart. So do try this ‘Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk with Roasted flavor’ / ‘Bhune Chukandar Masala Chaas’.
If you tried my recipe and enjoyed fully, then please share some pictures of your creation with me. Also kindly give your valuable feedback either in the comment box below or tag me as #firsttimercook on Instagram. You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
Recipe Card for ‘Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk with Roasted flavor / Bhune Chukandar Masala Chaas ‘ :
Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk with Roasted flavor / Bhune Chukandar Masala Chaas
a gorgeous looking beverage from some roasted beetroot and curd having a very mild sweetness as well as a masala zing
prep time: 10 minscook time: 30 minstotal time: 40 mins
- Beetroot 2 no.
- Curd 2 cup
- Ginger 1 inch
- Green chili 2 no.
- Black salt as needed
- Mustard seed 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Oil 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C.
- Wash and clean both the beetroots thoroughly in order to remove any dirt.
- Peel, cut into 1/2 inch slices lengthwise and place all the slices over a baking tray.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until those become much tender and a little bit charred on the edges.
- Take out from oven and allow those roasted beetroot slices to cool down completely.
- In a blender jar now take roughly chopped ginger, green chili and blend well.
- Strain the beetroot puree through a strainer into a mixing bowl.
- Then add curd, black salt and mix using a hand blender or pour into the blender jar and blend.
- Next heat oil in a tadka pan.
- Put some mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow to crackle.
- Turn off heat and pour the tempering over the beetroot buttermilk.
- Mix everything well and serve as it is / chilled !
To get a creamy texture in the butter milk, use the curd after discarding the water completely. In the tempering part, cumin seeds can be added too.
Well, Monday is here again !! This time the Foodie Monday Blog Hop team has decided the theme no 174 as ‘Christmas Special‘. So this ‘Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk with Roasted flavor’ / ‘Bhune Chukandar Masala Chaas‘ is here for the contribution.
PIN for later :