much healthy and nutritious soupy kind side dish loaded with assorted vegetables and a flavorful tempering.
can be prepared in both way : with onion and garlic, without onion and garlic.
📖 RECIPE CARD
much healthy and nuttritious soupy kind side dish loaded with assorted vegetables and a flavorful tempering.
- Kadhai / Wok
- Tadka Pan
- ¾ cup Potato (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Papaya (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Pumpkin (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Eggplant (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Drumstick (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Colocassia (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Pointed gourd (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Spine gourd (cut lengthwise)
- ½ cup Ridge gourd (cut lengthwise)
- ½ tbsp Pancha phutana
- ½ no. Onion (medium) (chopped)
- 4-5 no. Garlic clove (crushed)
- 2-3 no. Red chili
- 2-3 no. Green chili
- 1 tsp Mustard oil
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt as needed
- 2 cup Water + little more
- In a kadhai / wok take water along with salt, turmeric powder and start boiling.
- Into that add potato, papaya, pumpkin, colocassia and allow to cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes first.
- Then add rest vegetables, give a nice mix.
- Cover the kadhai and allow to boil till all the vegetables are well cooked, but not overcooked .
- Meanwhile, heat mustard oil in a tadka pan.
- Add pancha phutana and allow to splutter over low-medium heat.
- Then add chopped onion, crushed garlic cloves along with red chilies and green chilies.
- Saute everything till onion turns translucent.
- Pour the tempering over the cooked vegetables and gently give a mix.
- Allow to cook for 1 minute more over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and serve hot with some roti or even steamed rice !
- Do not boil the vegetables till overcooked. Else the entire dish will be mushy at the end.
- As the name says, this santula has some liquid in it hence the name is Pani Santula. So always keep an eye while boiling the vegetables, if there is a shortage of liquid then add a little more water.
- Vegetables can be picked as per choice.
- Turmeric powder is not added in an authentic way. But I like to add at least 1 pinch into my version of pani santula as mentioned in the ingredients list.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
As always a very traditional and unique recioe from your kitty ..loved the way you have used all native vegetables in the pani santula .
Pani santula with so many veggies smd panch phoran tempering sounds a very healthy nutrtious smd flavorful dish. Thanks for sharing.
Curry sounds so delicious and easy to make too.. tempering with panch phoron must have made this simple curry so flavourful. Thanks for introducing such an simple but delicious curry from your cuisine.
Love this traditional, rustic preparation! With all those veggies going in, this makes for such a nutritious dish. The recipe sounds simple, but I’m sure it’s absolutely flavourful. 🙂
I always love traditional dishes. This pani santula sounds healthy and absolutely delicious. Something like chochchori. But we use raw vegetables in chochchori. Now I have to try your recipe. Also loved the name.
Super loved this recipe! It taste amazing and really easy to make! Fam really loves it, will surely have this again for sure!
Love this nutritious Pani santula loaded with assorted veggies. So flavorful and filling. I love the simple odiya recipes that are quick to make and very healthy too.
I tasted pani santhula once, it was very taste and aromatic. It’s very healthy and simple sabji which is loaded with many veggies.