an Instant chocolate cake (just 2 minutes) in a mug with just a few simple ingredients
so easy and perfect for an any chocolate lover
Event-related to this post :
Well, the February month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was the ‘Protein Rich Vegetarian Breakfast’, suggested by Renu. Well, I was partnered with Seema for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients Mushroom and Green chilies; and I gave her Soy Milk and Tofu. She prepared Blackberry Tofu Smoothie using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with these Besan Chilla with Mushroom Stuffing for the theme contribution.
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake
- 6 tbsp Wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Jaggery powder
- ¼ cup Milk + 2 tbsp
- ½ tsp Vanila essence
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅜ cup Olive oil
- Chocolate chunk few
- First in a mixing bowl take wheat flour, cocoa powder, jaggery powder, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Next add milk, vanila essence, 1/4 cup milk and mix again to get a lumps free batter.
- The batter must be of flowing consistency. Else add 2 tbsp milk more little by little.
- Divide the batter into 2 / 3 ovenproof mugs evenly (fill upto 3/4rth).
- After that, top each mug with chocolate chunks.
- Microwave at high for 2 minutes.
- You may do the toothpick test. Just insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is perfectly baked. Else again microwave for 20-30 second more.
- Take out from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy !
- Instead of choco chunks, chocolate chips can be used.
- This chocolate chunk part is totally optional.
- Use the mugs which are completely ovenproof.
- Always fill the batter upto 3/4th or little less filled, else the cake will come out from the mug as the batter will rise quite a bit in the microwave. And the mug cake will not look good.
- Regular powder sugar works well too here if jaggery powder is not available.
- I have used olive oil. Any other vegetable oil is also perfect.
- The mug cake if kept for much time then it become little hard. So keep an eye after 1 minute 30 seconds.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
The quick recipes are always attractive. By the images, I can gather that these is dark chocolate chunks and probably unsweetened cocoa powder. I am sure to try this.
The chocolate mug cake made with all the healthy ingredients is really super delicious. I will try it out soon for my hubby dear. I am not fond of sweets and desserts but I love making them for my family and friends.
Easy peasy and ohh such a delicious treat for chocolate cake lovers.. such inviting and gorgeous shot.. loved the use of all the health friendly ingredients here, which makes it guilt free treat.
I love making mug cakes whenever possible as that is such an easy way to take care of sudden cake cravings. Like you chocolate mug cake with chocolate chunks and jaggery. Would love to have it with a dollop of ice cream.
Mug cakes are so much fun. Portion is controlled and can be made in a jiffy. Loved your recipe. wtih all healthy ingredients. It’s a guilt free treat.
This is such a treat for chocolate lovers! The mug cake looks gooey and absolutely delicious. Love how you have used all healthy ingredients here, and the fact that this cake can be put together in bare minutes.
I love mug cakes, especially because they are portion size and can be served individually.Beautiful and tempting Clicks Sasmita. How could one wait to grab that bowl.
Absolutely delicious and healthy chocolate mugcakes. I am yet to make mugcakes and you are tempting me to make some. Absolutely love the healthy and delicious mug cake. Was a pleasure being your partner.
Sasmita such a yummy and healthy chocolate mug cake recipe. Mug cakes are trending so its in my to do list. Now I am having a perfect recipe to try.
Sasmita mug cake sounds so healthy chocolaty and delish. My daughter loves less sweet chocolate mug cakes for sudden sweet craving. I will try your recipe and let you know.
Chocolate mug cake with jaggery sounds so healthy and delicious! Beautiful shots.
I love the chocolate chunks peaking on the top… Mug cakes are always such a saver!
Chocolate mug cake looks scrumptious. Love the use of jaggery as a sweetener here. Beautifully captured.
Firstly loved your presentation, it’s very amazing. Chocolate mug cake using wheat flour, Jaggery sounds healthy and loved that it’s eggless.
Lovely lovely lovely clicks!! Mug cakes are the best and the quick way to satisfy our sudden cake cravings in short time .
Loved this version of chocolate mug cake. I must give it a try, my children will be happy with this kind. Looks delicious Sasmita.
I love mug cakes and prefer them over normal cakes because of the portion control and they are very easy to make. This eggless chocolate mug cake looks so delicious.
I always love the single-serving mug cake where we can do portion control at the same time enjoy the cake. Chocolate cake looks absolutely scrumptious.