an Instant chocolate cake (just 2 minutes) in a mug with just a few simple ingredients
so easy and perfect for an any chocolate lover
Event-related to this post :
Well, the August month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge‘ group was the ‘Exotic Biriyanis & Pulaos’. The theme was suggested by Swaty. She has a variety of pulao recipes on her blog. Do check her Zafrani Pulao, I just love that. Well, I was partnered with Rafeeda for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients as Cumin and Lemon juice; and I gave her Paprika and Coriander. She prepared this Shawarma Rice. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have come up with this Chickpea Pilaf aka Kabuli Chana Pulao for theme contribution.
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake
- 6 tbsp Wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Jaggery powder
- ¼ cup Milk + 2 tbsp
- ½ tsp Vanila essence
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅜ cup Olive oil
- Chocolate chunk few
- First in a mixing bowl take wheat flour, cocoa powder, jaggery powder, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Next add milk, vanila essence, 1/4 cup milk and mix again to get a lumps free batter.
- The batter must be of flowing consistency. Else add 2 tbsp milk more little by little.
- Divide the batter into 2 / 3 ovenproof mugs evenly (fill upto 3/4rth).
- After that, top each mug with chocolate chunks.
- Microwave at high for 2 minutes.
- You may do the toothpick test. Just insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is perfectly baked. Else again microwave for 20-30 second more.
- Take out from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy !
- Instead of choco chunks, chocolate chips can be used.
- This chocolate chunk part is totally optional.
- Use the mugs which are completely ovenproof.
- Always fill the batter upto 3/4th or little less filled, else the cake will come out from the mug as the batter will rise quite a bit in the microwave. And the mug cake will not look good.
- Regular powder sugar works well too here if jaggery powder is not available.
- I have used olive oil. Any other vegetable oil is also perfect.
- The mug cake if kept for much time then it become little hard. So keep an eye after 1 minute 30 seconds.