This Japanese Coffee Jelly is a perfect snack for any coffee lover. It is super quick and easy to make.
A sweetened strong coffee along with agar-agar is mixed up and allowed to be set up in the fridge. This process creates a perfect coffee jelly that is light and not too sweet. Though one can adjust the sweetness as per liking. It is just perfect for dessert anytime.
Event-related to this post :
Well, the October month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was the ‘Soup’, suggested by Priya Iyer. Well, I was partnered with Seema for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients Olive oil and Garlic; and I gave her Corn and Garlic. She prepared Quinoa Soup using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with this Creamy Mushroom Soup for the theme contribution.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Japanese Coffee Jelly
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee
- 2-3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 tsp Agar-agar
- Whipped cream for garnishing
- Whisk everything until the sugar dissolves and there are no agar-agar lumps.
- Then pour water and whisk again to well incorporate.
- Take some serving glasses or any molds and pour the coffee mixture.
- Refrigerate them until set, for about 3-4 hours.
- Once set, take out the glasses/molds from the refrigerator.
- Swirl whipped cream on top and sprinkle some coffee.Serve!