Creamy Mushroom Soup is a fully flavored, comforting, and hearty soup. This is a creamy textured mushroom soup, still without cream!
Event-related to this post :
Well, the January month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was the ‘Vegan Food’, suggested by Radha Rajagopalan. Well, I was partnered with Mayuri Patel for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients Broccoli and Onion; and I gave her Coconut Milk and Cardamom. She prepared Coconut Rice Kheer using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with these Broccoli Balls for the theme contribution.
Creamy mushroom Soup
- 1½ cup Mushroom (sliced thinly)
- 1 no. Onion (chopped)
- 5-6 no. Garlic (chopped)
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 cup Stock
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Flour (APF)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Take a pan and heat olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper powder, and saute.
- The mushroom starts to release water, so saute until softened and cooked through.
- Sprinkle the flour and toss for 1 minute.
- Now pour the stock, and milk and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Carefully transfer the whole mixture to a blender jar and blend to get a creamy texture.
- Now pour this soup into the pan and bring it to a simmer again for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with some breadsticks or even with a few croutons.
- This mushroom soup will thicken after turning off the heat. So keep the consistency as required. If it gets thickened then add more stock and give it a quick reheat.