Ginger and garlic soup is a delicious and aromatic soup that combines the flavors of ginger, garlic, and various other ingredients to create a soothing and tasty dish.
The combination of ginger and garlic gives this soup a unique and invigorating flavor that is both spicy and savory. The warmth and coziness of this soup make it the perfect choice for a chilly evening or when you’re not feeling well.
To make the soup, chopped ginger, and garlic are usually sautéed in a little oil or butter until fragrant. Then vegetables such as onions, carrots, and celery are added and cooked until soft. Stock, such as vegetable or chicken stock, is then added along with the desired seasonings such as salt, pepper, and herbs. The soup is cooked until all the flavors have melded together. It can be served hot, garnished with fresh herbs, or a squeeze of lemon juice.
The ginger and garlic not only add flavor to the soup but also a subtle kick that can clear your sinuses and soothe a sore throat. You can customize this soup to your taste by adding other ingredients such as mushrooms, tofu, or noodles to make it heartier and more filling.
This soup is not only tasty but also known for its potential health benefits, as ginger and garlic are said to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.
Whether you’re a fan of ginger and garlic or want to try something new, this soup is a must for any soup lover.
Event-related to this post :
The January month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was ‘Cook with Sprouts’, suggested by Jayashree. Well, I was partnered with Mayuri Patel for this theme, she gave me 2 secret ingredients Besan and Green Chilies, and I gave her the secret ingredients Coconut and Curry Leaves. And, as usual, using my two ingredients I have come up with this Sprouted Moong Dhokla for the theme contribution.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Ginger Garlic Soup
- 3 tbsp Carrot (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tsp Butter
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder as needed
- 3 cup Vegetable broth
- Heat the butter in a large wok.
- Add the ginger, garlic cloves and onion and fry gently.
- Then add the carrots and fry briefly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the cabbage and stir well.
- In the meantime, prepare the cornmeal porridge by mixing cornflour in water.
- Add the cornflour slurry and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Soon the soup will start to thicken. Keep stirring.
- Add salt, pepper powder and spring onions and stir well.
- Serve this ginger and garlic soup warm!
- add other veggies like peas, corn etc.
- Adding cornflour slurry helps to thicken the soup. This step is optional though.