Besan Chilla with Mushroom stuffing is an easy and tasty breakfast or tea time snack recipe.
Event-related to this post :
Well, the February month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was the ‘Protein Rich Vegetarian Breakfast’, suggested by Renu. Well, I was partnered with Seema for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients Mushroom and Green chilies; and I gave her Soy Milk and Tofu. She prepared Blackberry Tofu Smoothie using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with these Besan Chilla with Mushroom Stuffing for the theme contribution.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Besan Chilla with Mushroom Stuffing
For Chilla –
- 2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Water as needed
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
For Stuffing –
- 3 cup Mushroom (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Oil
- Take the gram flour (besan) in a mixing bowl.
- Add the onions, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, carom seeds, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
- First add ½ cup of water and start stirring with a whisk.
- If the batter seems thick, add a little more water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil in a pan on low-medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Then add the finely chopped mushrooms and sauté until there is no water left.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Put a ladleful of batter in the same pan and spread the batter either with the ladle or with the back of the ladle, being careful not to make any breaks.
- Over low heat, cook the chilla until the top begins to cook.
- Then drizzle 1 tsp oil on the chilla on the edges and also all around.
- Turn it over and now cook the other side.
- Now put some filling in half of the chilla and gently fold the chilla in half.
- Press a bit and finaly transfer the chilla to a plate.
- Serve hot with some ketchup or green chutney for breakfast or a tea time snack as well.
- It is best to use a non-stick pan to prepare bean chilla.
- Do not spread the batter in the pan until it is properly heated. Otherwise, the batter may stick to the pan.
- Always cook the chilla over medium heat.
Sasmita, I make besan chila often for breakfast but have not tried them with mushroom stuffing. This is an excellent way to make them more filling, nutritious and perfect for mushroom lover like me.
Lean and protein-rich recipe here Sasmita. The besan chila as such is hot favorite, added the mushroom filling the recipe is a perfect breakfast.
I love the filling here with mushrooms, makes a complete meal in itself. Nutritious and healthy chillas
the double protein from mushroom and besan must make this chilla very nutritious, nit to forget filling !
I love besan chilla! Brilliant idea to add a mushroom stuffing to them, to make them more nutritious. Also love the addition of ginger and garlic paste in your chillas. Must taste so delicious!
Besan chilla with mushroom filling is filling for a busy day. My son loves mushroom, will make it for him
Wow Sasmita mushroom stuffed besan chilla sounds great. I use paneer for stuffing but never used mushroom. Loved the idea. My daughter loves mushroom so I am going to try it soon.
Wow, what an idea sirji… The idea of incorporating the filling into the chilla is genuis. And that too mushroom… Yum…
Besan cheela with mushroom stuffing sounds irresistible. Delicious and wholesome breakfast. Will definitely try this stuffing next time.
I make besan chilla but never tried with mushroom stuffing. These look so good and pairs well with a cup of hot tea. A perfect breakfast option.
We regularly prepare besan chilla’s with onions but adding mushroom is good idea. This made these chilla’s more tasty nd healthy.
Besan chilas are made frequently at home for brekfast ,but stuffing it with mushrooms is a nice idea ..will try this version soon.
Lovely idea of stuffing the cheela with mushrooms. My family loves mushrooms and I am going to try out this recipe.