a super healthy twist to the traditional Uttapam using Finger Millet (ragi / nachni) which makes it a wholesome breakfast to pair with any kind of chutney.
And, yes !!! If you like the recipe shared here and give it a try at your place then do share in INSTAGRAM by tagging #firsttimercook. I would be so happy to see and surely share in my INSTA stories 😊😊
Ragi Uttapam/Finger Millet Savory Pancake
- 1 cup Ragi(nachni) flour
- ¼ cup Oats flour
- ¼ cup Rice flour
- ¼ cup Carrot (finaly chopped)
- ¼ cup Capsicum (finaly chopped)
- ¼ cup Onion (finaly chopped)
- 1-2 no. Green chili (finaly chopped)
- ½ tsp Cumin seed
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as needed
- Water as needed
- In a mixing bowl, take all the flours and make a smooth lump free batter by adding water (around 1/2-3/4 cup) little by little.
- Cover the bowl and keep aside to soak well and ferment for 2-3 hours.
- After that, give a nice stir to the batter which must be little thick.
- Add 1 tbsp of water more along with salt, cumin seed and mix everything well.
- In another bowl, mix all the chopped vegetables and salt. Keep aside this topping.
- Now heat a pan greased with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of the batter onto the pan and allow it to spread automatically as we do for pancake.
- Make 1-2 more like this depending upon the size of the pan.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the topping over the uttapams.
- Drizzle little amount of oil all over the uttapams and cover it to cook for 1-2 minutes over low- medium heat.
- Then flip the uttapams to cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and make few more uttapams using rest batter.
- Serve these ragi uttapam hot along with any chutney or ketchup for breakfast !
- For making this recipe instantly, allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes and then just add a pinch of baking soda. Give a gentle stir and immediately start making uttapam.
- Adjust the spiciness as desired.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊