This Nutella Star Bread is so soft and fluffy star bread with layers of nutella. Just perfect for breakfast, snack with some hot beverages.
As Christmas is coming, so enjoy the morning Breakfast with this soft and fluffy, perfectly sweetened Star Bread layered with nutella and paired with some cuppa of coffee/tea.
Event-related to this post :
Well, the September month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was the ‘Chutneys and Condiments’, suggested by Preeti. Well, I was partnered with Kalyani for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients as Brown Sugar and Coffee; and I gave her Clove and Nutmeg. She prepared Mixed Fruit Jam using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with this Coffee Jelly for the theme contribution.
Nutella Star Bread
- 3 cup Maida
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- 2 tsp Yeast
- ¾ cup NutelNutella
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a bowl, add in the milk, yeast and sugar. Give it a stir first.
- Next add the softened butter and mix again.
- Add the flour and salt, using a spatula combine together until a sticky dough.
- Then transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough for around 15 mins until it is soft and elastic.
- Keep covered in a bowl greased with oil till an hour.
- After an hour it will be doubled in size.
- Again gather to make a smooth pliable dough.
- Divide evenly into four portions. Roll out one portion into a circle with 10 inch diameter.
- Take 1/4 cup of nutella and spread it all around the circle leaving just an inch of gap at the end.
- Roll the next portion into same diameter circle and place it on top of the nutella layer. Repeat the steps until the last dough.
- Take a cookie cutter or any lid which is 2.5 inch in diameter and make an indent in the centre. This is the centre of the star and then make 16 slits across the dough
- Twist the adjacent two sections outwards twice and pinch the edges to seal together.
- Cover with a cloth and allow it for second proofing, around 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- After the second proofing, brush the bread with some milk and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown and baked well.
- Apply some butter once baked and dust with icing sugar (if desired) and enjoy !