This Red Velvet Mug Cake is super easy and quick to make. Totally egg-free and butter-free cake to enjoy in a mug for upcoming Christmas.
Christmas is approaching, and hence the baking time is ON !!
Any Bakers (either home bakers or even professional) tend to have a list of ‘must haves’ they want to bake for Christmas. As for me, I always like to make this Fruit Cake. Basically, the fruit cake is totally a vegan cake and also the flour used is whole wheat flour. Although the Christmas cakes call for soaking fruits in alcohol a few days before the preparation, this vegan n healthy one is a simple and instant one, no long prior soaking is needed. So this is the cake for those who are in hurry and just forgot to soak fruits in advance. Also, I just select a swirl bundt pan instead of the regular loaf or round pan to bake this fruit cake. Surely check it out.
Well, today I have come up with a red velvet cake topped with some white chocolate chips!
Red Velvet Mug Cake !!
I personally love to make cakes in mugs which are super easy to serve. And when it comes to red velvet cake which we, most of us love to enjoy and that too in a mug, ahaaa what a beautiful creation then. Isn’t it!
Quite easy and super simple ingredients are needed here to make this cake in a mug.
Ingredients of this red velvet mug cake –
I have used only wheat flour (atta) here. You can use a 1:1 ratio of maida (APF) to atta. Along with this, the other dry ingredients are cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder & soda, salt.
The wet ingredients include milk, oil, and food color. I have used the red gel food color. One thing while picking the food color is always use a good quality red color. Else, the color of the whole cake will fade after baking, the red color will not come out properly which is the beauty of red velvet cake. Also, the oil must be of a neutral flavor, I have used olive oil.
In addition to this, I have added some white chocolate chips to the red velvet cake here. But it is optional. Any other toppings like nuts, sprinklers, or even choco chunks can be used. Or also you can make the red velvet mug cake without adding these.
Preparation method of this beauty –
First preheat the oven at 180 deg C. Then in a bowl sift wheat flour, cocoa powder, jaggery powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well. Next in another mixing bowl take oil, milk and mix using a whisk till incorporated well. Add the food color and give a nice stir once again. Then add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix to get a lumps-free batter which must be of flowing consistency. Add some white chocolate chips and gently give a stir.
I have used two ovenproof mugs here to make the red velvet mug cake. So divide the batter into the mugs evenly, but fill up to 3/4th. Put a few more white chocolate chips on top and bake for 12-15 minutes or a little more than 1-2 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Take out from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
So what are you waiting for… Just put on your aprons and bake this delicious red velvet mug cake to treat your friends and family this festive season, as Christmas is coming!
📖 RECIPE CARD
Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 6 tbsp Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp Brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Milk
- 1 pinch Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1-2 drops Red food color
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅜ cup Olive oil
- White chocolate chips few
- First preheat the oven at 180 deg C.
- Then in a bowl sift wheat flour, cocoa powder, jaggery powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Next in another mixing bowl take oil, milk and mix using a whisk till incorporated well.
- Add the food color and give a nice stir once again.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix to get a lumps free batter which must be of flowing consistency.
- Add some white chocolate chips and gently give a stir.
- I have used two ovenproof mugs here to make the red velvet mug cake. So divide the batter into the mugs evenly, but fill upto 3/4th.
- Put few more white chocolate chips on top and bake for 12-15 minutes or little more 1-2 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy the red velvet mug cake !
- I have used white color chocolate chips. But it is optional. Any other toppings like nuts, sprinklers or even choco chunks can be used. Or also one can make the red velvet mug cake without adding these.
- Instead of brown sugar, jaggery powder works well too here.
- I have used mug here to bake the cake only for serving easily particularly in individual portions. One can use any molds or even muffin cases too.
- If using the mugs, then make sure that the mug is completely ovenproof.
- Always fill the batter upto 3/4th or little less filled in the mug. Because if the cake come out from the mug, then the mug cake will not look good.
- I have used olive oil. Any other vegetable oil (neutral flavor) is also perfect.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
This type of quick and easy cake recipes are always in demand to satisfy sudden craving. This red velvet mug cake looks super tempting. Can’t wait to try.
Totally agree on the red food color quality. This portion sized mug cake is perfect! Love this so that ‘oh, there is a big cake’ feeling won’t be there. Love the quantity of chocolate chips on top!
Perfect recipe for the sudden cravings or when one wants to celebrate with limited portions. Looks so tempting.