Jeera Lanka Gunda is one of the staple spice powders in Odia households. Starting from Dalma, any Chaat, Dahi bara -ghuguni-aloo dum to any satvik side dish preparation; this is the best ever seasoning.
— RECIPE CARD —
Jeera Lanka Gunda
- 1 cup Jeera (cumin seed)
- 10-12 no. Lanka (dry whole red chili)
- In a pan, take all the whole red chilies.
- Over low-medium heat, dry roast the red chillies flipping in between.
- Keep an eye for not to burn these.
- When these seem to slightly charred, then transfer to a plate.
- Into the same pan, add the jeera / cumin seeds and dry roast them as well over low-medium heat.
- When seeds becomes medium brown, turn off heat.
- Allow the cumin seeds and red chilies to cool down completely.
- Either using an electric grinder or even mortar pestle, make a coarse powder.
- Store in an air-tight container to use later !
- Keep the Jeera Lanka Gunda (cumin – red chili powder) in an airtight container for later use.
- While dry roasting, keep an eye not to burn any spices.