Preparation Time : 2 mins | Cooking Time : 8 mins
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 cup|
- Take sugar in a heavy bottom pan. Always try to make an even layer of sugar in the pan.
- Now turn on the heat. Let it melt & then boil. Swirl the pan often but never stir. After some time it’ll bubble up & then little darker.
- Slowly it becomes a little more dark color (Reddish brown). Immediately add butter to pan & whisk until the butter has melted.
- Once the butter has melted, slowly add the cream & vanilla essence to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat & let it cool for a couple minutes. Then pour into a glass mason jar and store in the refrigerator. Warm before serving & enjoy !
- To avoid crystallization, never stir sugar once it starts melting.
- For making salted caramel sauce, just add a pinch of salt while adding cream.
- A heavy bottomed pan is recommended.