Preparation Time : 30 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins
|Mint leaves (tightly packed)||1/2 cup|
|Coriander leaves (tightly packed)||1/2 cup|
|Green chilli||1-2 no.|
|Lemon (medium)||1 & 1/2 no.|
|Chaat masala||1 tsp|
|Black salt||1/4 tsp|
- Rinse coriander and mint leaves in water very well to remove any dust.
- Put mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chili, ginger and lemon juice into the small jar of a grinder.
- Grind until smooth paste. If required, add little water while grinding.
- Transfer them to a large bowl. Add sugar, chaat masala, black salt and water. Stir with a spoon and mix it properly.
- Taste for the salt and add as required.
- Pani for panipuri is ready. Put it in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour before use.
- Prepare the pani in advance and place it in refrigerator to enhance the flavor. Take it out of refrigerator just before serving.
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice and sugar while making pani to make it more mouth-watering.
- Lemon juice is added while grinding to prevent the mint leaves from turning dark.