Kesari / halwa with fresh fruit is just awesome. Pineapple kesari is a sweet dish prepared with rava and pineapple. This sweet is quick as well as easy to prepare by following few steps mentioned below. It can be best served as hot / warm.
Preparation Time : 30 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins
|Sooji / Semolina||1 cup|
|Pineapple (chopped finely)||1 cup|
|Cashews (chopped)||1/8 cup|
|Pineapple essence (Optional)||2 drop|
|Water||2 & 1/2 cup|
|Yellow food color||2 pinch|
- Mix chopped pineapple with 3 tbsp of sugar for at least 30 mins.
- Heat a pan with ghee & oil and then add the cashews. Just give it a stir. No need to make it golden.
- Add the raisins and stir in medium flame until it gets bloated fully.
- Add the sooji / semolina and roast until the raw smell goes off. No need to wait until it turns color.
- Boil water side by side and add it to the roasted sooji . Mix carefully as it may overflow or spill as it boils.
- Add salt & mix well until it gets thick in consistency. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes or until done in low flame.
- Add sugar and color. Mix until it is watery consistency.
- Add the fruits without the watery sugar at the bottom & mix well. Keep mixing until the mixture starts leaving sides of the pan.
- Transfer to the serving bowl & enjoy !
- Oil helps in maintaining the loose texture of the kesari, otherwise it will become too thick if ghee is used fully.
- Use only less flavor oil in order to avoid the oily smell in the kesari.
- Variety of fruits like pear / grapes (brown or green) / apple can be used in place of pineapple & accordingly essence & food color will change.
- Here essence is not used as pineapple by itself gives a great flavor. Otherwise add it along the food color. Also do not add more as it will spoil the natural flavor of the fruit used.
- Amount of sugar can be reduced to 1 & 1/2 cup.