Amba Chatani (Mango Chutney) is a great accompaniment to many dishes. The process is quite simple and super easy to follow.
📖 RECIPE CARD
Amba Chatani (Mango Chutney)
- 1 no. Mango (unripe) (large)
- ¼ cup Coconut (chopped)
- ½ inch Ginger
- ½ inch Mango ginger
- 2 no. Green chilli
- 2 no. Whole red chili
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Water as needed
- Wash and peel the mango.
- Cut roughly into small pieces.
- In a blender jar take all the ingredients except water.
- Make a coarse paste, add water if needed (but prefer to avoid the water).
- Transfer the amba chatani to an air-tight container.
- Serve as an accompaniment !
- My family like the coarse texture, so I have kept it this way. If you wish blend to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Adjust the spiciness as desired.
- The sugar balances the spicy n sour taste of the chutney. So don’t omit that.
- The amount of sugar depends upon the sourness of the mango, so adjust accordingly.