a healthy and delicious salad using some roasted corn, ideal for a brunch or as a light meal. Also completely Vegan and Gluten-Free.
Event-related to this post :
The April month challenge in the ‘Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge’ group was ‘Railway Recipes’, suggested by Seema this time. Well, I was partnered with Mayuri Patel for this theme who gave me 2 secret ingredients Chat masala and Mustard oil; I gave her Peanuts and Curry leaves. She prepared Lemon Rice using those secret ingredients. And as usual, using my two ingredients I have also come up with this Jhal Muri for the theme contribution.
: RECIPE CARD :
Roasted Corn Salad
- 2 no. Corn on the cob
- ¾ cup Cucumber (small cube)
- ¾ cup Tomato (small cube)
- ¾ cup Onion (small cube)
- 1-2 no. Green chili (chopped)
- Coriander leaf (chopped) few
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- Salt as needed
Roast the corn on the cob –
- Keeping all the husks attached to the cob, place both the corn on the cob over a oven-proof tray and microwave for 5-6 minutes. This will steam the corn.
- Take out from the oven and discard the husks.
- Then to get the char effect, just place over gas stove at medium-high heat, rotating in between till the chars are visible all over the corn.
- or, directly roast the corn over the gas stove at medium heat, rotating in between till the corn gets roasted evenly. This process will take more time as compared to the above one.
Prepare the Salad –
- Keep aside the corn on the cob to cool down completely.
- Then using a knife gently slice the kernels off of the corn cob.
- Add the corns to a mixing bowl along with chopped cucumber, tomatoes and onions.
- Also add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies along with pepper powder, lemon juice, salt.
- Gently mix everything using a spoon / fork till thoroughly combine.
- Roasted corn salad is ready to serve !
- Any method one can follow to roast the corn. I have mentioned some ways, pick as per convenient.
- Adjust the spiciness as desired.
- Any other ingredients like bell peppers, zucchini, etc can be added too.
- Cheeses like feta cheese or even goat cheese also add a nice taste to the salad. Add if wish.
- I have kept this salad super simple, if wish one can use some dressing in this salad too.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
the charred corn with all the spices and ingredients goign into that makes for a very lovely salad.
The corn salad sounds very flavourful and inviting..love the charred taste the roasting of corn must have added in. It’s a great idea to add in some mixed veggies too. 😊
Sasmita you’ve given a wonderful idea! As you may know I don’t use microwave oven too often but cooking this corn in the microwave oven is so doable in my small Air BnB apartment. Going to do that before the season ends. As for the Roasted Corn Salad, with simple ingredients it is the yummiest. I love to have it as a light meal on its own.
This is such a nice salad with Mexican flavours. I love warm salads and corn being my favourite I will definitely make it soon and enjoy.
I like that you have roasted and added the corn, would add so much flavour to the salad. Perfect monsoon snack.
We love corn salad but never tried with roasted corn. Would love trying out your version as it is sounds both healthy amd flavorful!
Delicious corn salad recipe Sasmita.. I love d the addition of roasted corn, and also loved your tip of microwaving corn which makes it easy to take out the corn.
Roasted corn salad looks delicious. It is one of the favourite salads at home and ideal to have as a snack.
I love roasted corn and but never made a salad with it. The smokey flavours much be really refreshing and can roast them without the slog of the heat.
Never tried a roasted corn salad. It looks so delicious. Would love to try it soon.
Roasted corn salad looks scrumptious. Perfect salad to enjoy during the monsoon season. Guilt free and healthy too.
Corn salad is always a hit in my house. You version looks so inviting and healthy.
Simple salad but it is full of flavor, nutrition and good things ..the slightly charred sweet corns will give the salad a nice and mild smoky flavor
Roasted corn salad is so flavorful. I usually make it with plain corn and next time going to try your way of roasting corn and then making a salad.