a simple and easy snack idea of baked mushrooms with a stuffing of grated paneer flavored with some herbs and spices.
Appetizers!! Everyone knows that the most enticing part of any party is the appetizers. And honestly who doesn’t love them. From finger foods to dips, wings and roll-ups too; the party appetizers are so easy you’ll surely want to whip up two. I love mushroom dishes when there is a vegetarian party day, and this paneer stuffed mushroom is a hit all the time.
Stuffed Mushroom with Paneer –
Stuffed mushroom, doesn’t sound yum !
White button mushrooms are stuffed with some grated paneer flavored with some handy spices, herbs. These are easy to make, an excellent appetizer to serve at any party or even as a simple side dish.
Just stuff the mushroom caps ahead of time and bake them off when ready to serve !
What are the ingredients used here?
- Mushroom – I have used the white button mushrooms here. The Cremini Mushrooms are also perfect for this recipe.
Always pick fairly large mushrooms so that, those cavities can be easily stuffed.
- Paneer – Fresh homemade paneer is used in grated form. Instead of this, any cheese can opt.
- Spices & Herbs – These are the flavorings. I have used pepper powders along with some dried herbs and chili flakes. You can alter as per choice.
- Salt – This is added as per taste.
- Olive oil – I have just greased the baking tray with some olive oil. Any other oil or even butter works well as well here.
How to make this Stuffed Mushroom with Paneer ?
First, the mushrooms have to be ready for filling, which means remove the stems from the mushrooms so that there will be a cavity. To do this, just hold the mushroom in one hand and then gently twist, pull the stem using thumb and index finger. Voila! the mushroom cap is ready to fill with the flavorful stuffing.
Do not throw away the mushroom stems. Rather just keep those to use in some other mushroom based dish. Also one can use those stalks as stuffing here too.
Now the time is for making the stuffing. Take the grated paneer in a mixing bowl along with salt, mixed herbs, chili flakes, and pepper powder. Mix well, the stuffing is ready.
If desiring to use those stems along with paneer, then finely chopped them first and sauté in a pan with little oil till completely all the water released. Then mix with paneer mixture and use as stuffing.
Final step is to fill the mushroom cap and bake !
Pick one mushroom cap and fill the cavity of the cap with the stuffing. Place the stuffed mushroom caps over a greased baking tray. Similarly, make some more stuffed mushrooms and place them over the tray keeping space in between. In a preheated oven at 180 deg C, bake for 18-20 minutes or till the mushrooms shrink a bit in size and water starts to release. Take out from the oven, the stuffed mushrooms with paneer are ready to serve!
So basically this Stuffed Mushroom with Paneer is ✓ very easy to make ✓ awesome party appetizer ✓ quick snack idea ✓ can be prepared ahead of time (Just stuff the mushroom caps ahead of time and bake them off when ready to serve) ✓ vegetarian and gluten free
Serving suggestion –
It is recommended that after baking the stuffed mushrooms should be served immediately. Otherwise, these become soggy and the best flavor, as well as the appealing texture, will be missed. So out of the oven, these must serve immediately hot.
These can be just served as it is without any accompaniment or even with any desired dip like mayonnaise, chutney, etc. We love these with some ketchup. As a finger food idea, even starter these Stuffed Mushrooms with Paneer is a good choice. As the process is quite easy and simple, so one can make in huge batch for a grand party.
Let’s go through how to make “Aam Sago Kheer” at home !
— RECIPE CARD —
Paneer Stuffed Mushroom
- 400 gram Button mushroom
- 1 cup Paneer (grated)
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp Mixed herb
- 1 tsp Chili flake
- Salt as needed
- Olive oil for greasing
- First wash and clean all the button mushrooms.
- Gently break the stalk of each mushroom and keep aside the stalks to use in any other mushroom based recipe.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 deg C and grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- Then in a bowl take all the grated paneer along with salt, mixed herbs, chili flakes and pepper powder.
- Mix well, the stuffing is ready.
- Now pick one mushroom cap and fill the cavity of the cap with the stuffing.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps over the greased baking tray.
- Similarly make some more stuffed mushroom and place over the tray keeping space in between.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till the mushrooms shrink a bit in size and water starts to release.
- Take out from the oven and serve hot with some ketchup or any desired dip !
- Don’t keep the mushroom after baking without serving. Because as the mushroom cools down, it becomes too soft and soggy.
- I have used the white button mushrooms here. Cremini mushrooms are also perfect for this recipe.
- Always pick fairly large mushrooms so that, those cavities can be easily stuffed.
- Alter the spices and herbs as desired.
- Along with paneer, those stalks can be used as stuffing. If using the stalks, then finely chopped them first and saute in a pan with little oil till completely all the water released. Then mix with paneer mixture and use as stuffing.
- Here I have not added those stalks, rather I keep that to use in some other mushroom-based dish.
- Some grated cheese can be topped on each stuffed mushroom just before baking.