Bread !!! almost all of us have this in our pantry, but most of the time those are store bought ones. But do you know that we can simply and easily make this at our home ;). Well yes, we can and here I have come up with the eggless bread that too VEGAN recipes which follows some of the simple tips and tricks.
The essentials of any bread dough are flour, water and of course yeast. Yeast is the driving force behind the fermentation here, the magical process that allows a dense mass of dough to become a well-risen loaf of bread. The purpose of any leaven-er is to produce the gas that makes bread rise. Yeast does this by feeding on the sugars in flour and expelling carbon dioxide in the process. As the yeast feeds on the sugar, it produces carbon dioxide which then begins to inflate in the elastic and gluten network of the dough results in rising of the dough having bubbles within. And when the bread is baked, this is what gives the loaf / bread its airy texture.
There are two types of dry yeast as Regular Active Dry and Instant Yeast (also known as Fast-Rising, Rapid-Rise, Quick Rise or Bread Machine Yeast). These two types of dry yeast can be used interchangeably. The advantage of the rapid-rise is the rising time is half that of the active dry and it only needs one rising. One can speed up standard yeast bread making procedure by changing the yeast in the recipe. Instant yeast is more finely ground and thus absorbs moisture faster, rapidly converting starch and sugars to carbon dioxide, the tiny bubbles that make the dough expand and stretch. Where as the active dry yeast has a larger particle size than the instant one, making it necessary to proof which is usually with water before using in the flour. Also the water must be Luke warm, if hot water is used then that will kill the yeasts.
So the whole process follows first the proofing of yeast, then mixing of all the rest ingredients, kneading and allowing the dough to rise, shaping and baking. Here are some tips listed down which one must follow for an easier experience while baking a bread as :
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature except the water which must be Luke warm.
- Freshness of the yeast must be checked by proofing it.
- Keep the dough to rise in a warmer place of the house. If there is no such place, then one can just preheat the oven and then turn off the oven and place the dough inside the oven then to rise.
- No need to wait more than the double size of the risen dough. It is enough to work on the dough which rises up to double in size as compared to the original dough size.
- After shaping in loaf pan, it is necessary to allow the dough to rise again by keeping in warmer place.
- Brushing the top of the well risen loaf shaped dough gently with oil / milk / egg is mandatory to get a nice crust after baking.
- It is best to wait until the loaf is completely cool before slicing it, as to not smash the loaf.
- Prefer to store the freshly baked bread in a zip-top bag or airtight reusable container to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
Well after following all these tips to make a fresh bread at home, one must agree surely that there is nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through the kitchen as the bread bakes. So do give a try soon.
Recipe Card for ‘Eggless Homemade Bread‘ :
egg free, butter free, baked dish, bread, vegan baking
Vegan, Baking, bread,
Eggless Homemade Bread
egg-free, butter-free homemade breads having a soft crust and a moist center and perfect for beginners
prep time: 15 Mcook time: 40 Mtotal time: 55 M
- All purpose flour 2 cup
- Yeast (instant) 1.5 tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Olive oil 1.5 tbsp + more
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Poppy / Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Water (Luke warm) 3/4 cup
- In a small bowl, first take Luke warm water, sugar and yeast.
- Mix using a spoon and keep aside covered for 8-10 minutes or till the yeast starts frothing.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl take all purpose flour, salt and oil.
- Mix by rubbing in fingers and after that add the yeast mixture to the bowl.
- Mix everything now very well which results in a soft as well as sticky dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes.
- Then put the dough in a greased bowl, cover and keep aside for 1 hours or more to rise the dough to double in size.
- Meanwhile, grease the loaf pan with oil and then dust all purpose flour through the inner side of the loaf pan. Keep aside.
- When the dough rises well to double in size, take out from the bowl.
- Give a quick knead to the dough with oil-greased hands.
- Roll the dough to a rectangular shape first on a floured work surface.
- Then again roll up and make a loaf pan size log shape of the dough.
- Place the shaped dough in the greased and dusted loaf pan and keep aside covered to rise again for 40-45 minutes(approximately double in size).
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes.
- After the loaf dough becomes double in size, gently brush the top with oil and then sprinkle some poppy seeds.
- Then bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and unmold the bread.
- Keep over a wire rack and allow to cool down.
- Using a serrated knife, slice and serve !
Do check the freshness of yeast before adding to the flour. If it is not proofing, then the yeast is old one, throw out and do buy a fresh packet. Any other flavor oil too can be used here. Always use the Luke warm water. If hot water is used then that will kill the yeast which results to no froth in the yeast sugar mixture. The poppy seeds sprinkling part is optional. Any other things one can use also here or totally omit the sprinkling part.
If you tried my recipe and enjoyed fully, then please share some pictures of your creation with me. Also kindly rate the recipe below, give your valuable feedback either in the comment box below or tag me as @firsttimercook on Instagram.
You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and can subscribe for free to get new recipes directly into your inbox 😊
PIN for later :
Homemade bread is so good. I love the aroma as it bakes. This looks wonderful. I know my family would devour this while it was still warm.
Superb share Sasmita. Didn't make bread since a long time. Now I have to bake again 😊
My mom often made homemade bread loaves for us to eat growing up, but I so rarely make them these days and that is a shame because homemade bread is so spectacular. I love the simplicity of this recipe and the sesame seeds on top are great. Wonderful bread for sandwiches!
I'll take a slice with butter and jam. This looks so light and fluffy.
This is so awesome. I have a co-worker who is vegan and I would love to make this for her next week.
I have never made my own bread but this recipe sounds simple enough for a beginner like me! Can't wait to try it!
what beautiful bread! I really want to try making this at home, sounds delish 🙂
There is nothing like the aroma of fresh bread out of the oven! This bread looks so amazingly light and fluffy, and I love that you don't use egg. I'll have to give this a try
Look at that bread, that looks fluffy, there is nothing better than homemade.
The bread looks so good, love the fact that it is eggless and butterless. Lovely one.
I love the idea of adding poppy seeds! It adds such a nice textural contrast to the soft bread. Thanks for a great recipe!
I can't believe this bread is eggless! It looks enriched and soft.
Such a great way to make bread. Fantastic recipe that is so easy to enjoy – love it!
Delicious bread that looks fantastic! It will be perfect to go with a filling main!
The bread looks just perfect…i can see how soft and spongy it is. Couldn't believe that it is egg less
Wow i found the perfect bread recipe. thank you.
I love eggless bakes and this homemade bread looks just wow ! Beautiful texture with an easy to follow recipe.