Preparation Time : 2 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins
|Milk powder||1/4 cup|
|Vanilla bean||2 no.|
|Yellow food color||1 pinch|
- Cut the vanilla beans in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds using a knife.
- Rub the seeds with sugar & save the beans. Then the mixture looks a bit like sand.
- Add milk powder, cornstarch, yellow food color & salt to the mixture. Mix & blend well in a blender.
- Cut the beans into 3-4 pieces and place them in the container where the powder’ll store.
- Pour the powder in that air tight container. The vanilla beans will continue to add flavor to the powder.
- Never throw away the beans after scrape out, either bury them in a jar of sugar to makevanilla scented sugaror put in the custard powder container to make the powder more pimped up by vanilla flavor.
- Though this homemade powder doesn’t look as ‘yellow’ as the store brought, but when it is added with any liquid it comes up more yellow.