Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins
|Vanilla custard powder||2 tbsp|
|Condensed milk||1 cup|
|Essence (vanilla)||1 tsp|
- Mixcustard powderin a bowl with 1/4 cup milk.
- Mix till there is no lumps.Add rest of milk, stirring well.Then add yogurt, condensed milk & essence.
- Pour caramel on a cake mould. Coat on all sides & set that aside. Then pour the custard mixture on it.
- Put the mould in a preheated cooker. Close the lid without putting whistle on it. Cook for 15-18 mins on a very low flame. After 15 mins, take out & allow it to cool a bit.
- Now release the sides with a knife and place a plate over the mould. Holding the mould carefully, invert it.
- Now tap the top of the mould carefully and lift it for a lovely caramel custard.
- Custard powder can be homemade / bought from store.
- When you pour the custard mixture over the caramel, it may look like mixing all. But later, the caramel will settle in the bottom.
- It may look giggly when u take out after done, but it will set as it cools.
- Taste will be enhanced more if refrigerated.
- Caramel part can be omitted & then it’ll give plain vanilla custard.
- This recipe can be done in a microwave (Baked Caramel Custard Pudding).