Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins
|Vanilla custard powder (homemade)||2 tbsp|
|Essence (vanilla)||1 tsp|
|Apples (peeled & chopped)||1 cup|
|Elaichi powder (Optional)||1 pinch|
- Take custard powder in a bowl. Add 5 tbsp of milk and dissolve it into a smooth liquid without any lumps.Then add essence to it.
- Boil the remaining milk with sugar in a heavy bottomed / non stick vessel.
- Add the custard powder dissolved in milk slowly & stir well continuously. It will get thick immediately, so be careful. After few minutes, remove from heat and cool down.
- Refrigerate it and at the time of serving, add finely chopped apples, elaichi powder to the cold custard.
- Mix well and serve cold !
- Custard powder can be homemade (Custard Powder) / bought from store.
- Any fruit can be choosen in place of apple. Also mixed fruits can make it looking colorful (Mixed Fruit Custard).
- The consistency can be varied by varying the amount of custard powder. Measurements given in the recipe will bring the correct consistency of custard.
- Essence used depends upon the fruit used. Apple & vanilla essence combination makes the taste delicious.