a no cook layer dessert using the king of fruit, mango
an interesting twist to the much popular Bengali sweet, Mishti Doi
Let’s go through how to make “Aam Mishti Doi Trifle“ at home 👇
And, yes !!!
If you like the recipe shared here and give it a try at your place then do share in INSTAGRAM by tagging #firsttimercook. I would be so happy to see and surely share in my INSTA stories 😊😊
: Recipe Card :
Aam Mishti Doi Trifle
- 3 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Condensed milk
- ⅓ cup Mango jam
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- as needed Nuts (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl take 1.5 cup Greek yogurt, mango jam, and whisk well. Keep aside.
- In another bowl take the rest of Greek yogurt, condensed milk (milkmaid), a pinch of cardamom powder, and whisk.
- Now take a serving glass and make an even layer of aam doi (mango yogurt mixture) at the bottom. Keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes for the set.
- Next, take out the glass from the refrigerator and over the aam doi layer make another layer of mishti doi (yogurt condensed milk mixture). Again keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes for the set.
- Similarly make some more layers till reaches the brim of the glass, else the layers can be slightly thick like mine.
- After layering, keep the serving glass in the refrigerator till serving.
- At the time of serving, take out from the refrigerator, sprinkle some chopped nuts and serve !
- Usually, mango jam has a nice flavor. So I didn't add anything to the mango yogurt mixture. You can flavor this as per choice.
- Pick any nuts as per choice.
- Some crushed cookies can be used for layering here. I have completely omitted that addition.
- The recipe here can be doubled/halved!