Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins
|Tamarind pulp||1/2 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Black salt||1/4 tsp|
|Water||1& 1/2 cup|
- Mash tamarind in water & strain through a metal colander. Discard any seeds and fibers.Press mashed tamarind with spoon while straining to get more pulp out. Tamarind pulp is ready.
- Transfer tamarind pulp to a pan & add jaggery int it. Bring it to boil and cook on medium flame until jeggery dissolves completely.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, black salt & salt. Mix well. Adjust the sweetness.
- Turn off the flame & allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Transfer prepared sweet tamarind chutney to any air tight container & store in refrigerator for up to 1-2 months.
- Serve this chutney with any type of snacks like aloo bonda, dhokla, samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vadas, bhel puri or any kind of chat etc.
- Change the quantity of jaggery according to taste. More jaggery will give sweeter taste & less jaggery will give the sour taste.
- To use as a dip, thicker chutney is ideal. To use as a topping, add water to make the chutney thinner.
- Add water and ice cubes with tamarind chutney to serve as a cool spicy drink.