Mint has many health benefits as it is good for digestion, detoxifies the body etc. This recipe is simply a moong dal just flavored with mint leaves. Really an aromatic tasty dal it is. Just follow the below procedure to make pudina / mint moong dal.
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins
|Split moong dal||1/2 cup|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Ghee / oil||1 tbsp|
|Mint leaves (chopped)||1-2 tbsp|
- Add 1 cup of water, turmeric powder and washed moong dal in a stainless steel vessel and cook till the dal turns soft. Alternatively, just pressure cook upto 2 whistles.
- Once the dal is cooked, add 1 & 1/2 cups of water, salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer. While the dal is simmering, prepare the tadka.
- Heat ghee / oil in a pan. First fry the cumin seeds and then add asafoetida.
- Add mint leaves and fry for some seconds. Lastly add red chili powder.
- Immediately, pour this tempering/tadka mixture in the dal & stir well. Simmer the dal for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the mint dal with rice or parathas !
- If the dal looks thick after adding tadka, then add some water and simmer the dal.
- The recipe can be doubled / tripled.