Milk tea / plain chai is one of the most popular hot beverages in world. A cup of chai in morning gives refreshing feel.
Every household makes their chai in different manner. Some boil the tea powder / leaves in water first, then add milk to this. Some add tea powder, milk and then wait for the milk mixture to boil slowly. So here is the recipe to make a good, satisfying and refreshing plain chai / milk tea.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins
|Tea powder||2 tsp|
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- When water starts boiling, add sugar & tea powder. Again boil for 3-4 mins on medium flame.
- Add milk & boil again for 6-7 mins.
- Color of the tea’ll gradually change from milky to brown shade which indicates that the tea is ready.
- Switch of the flame, strain into tea cup / mug & serve hot !
- Use full cream milk for creamier taste of tea without adding water.
- Always prefer to use high quality tea powder for better taste.