Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins
|Paneer (grated)||2 cup|
|Condensed milk (milkmaid)||1/2 tin|
|Milk powder||1 tbsp|
|Cardamom powder||2 pinch|
- Thaw paneer completely either by keeping it outside for few hours or keeping immersed in hot water for 10 mins. Then drain and squeeze water. Crumble it using a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, place the condensed milk, paneer, sugar, milk powder, cardamom powder.
- Mix well and pour it to a non-stick pan. Also keep a plate, greased with ghee.
- Keep mixing in medium flame for 4 minutes or until it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Pour it to the greased plate and let it set until it cools down. You can cut it into squares when it is warm. You can also decorate by pressing roasted pistachios in each square.
- Sugar can be omitted, but if you have a very sweet tooth, then use sugar.
- The sweet tastes best next day after being refrigerated.
- In place of cardamom, 2 drops of rose essence can be added.
- Fresh chenna can be used in place of paneer & hence cooking time may vary.
- Milk powder can be omitted, but recommended as it helps to bind and give some richness to the sweet.
- Greasing the plate can be replaced with lining it by a baking sheet.