Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins
|Puri for panipuri||30 no.|
|Pani for panipuri||2 cup|
|Onion (medium)||1 no.|
|Sev (Optional)||1/2 cup|
|Tamarind chutney (Optional)||1/4 cup|
|Potato (boiled, peeled, mashed)||1 & 1/2 cup|
|Kala chana (boiled)||1/4 cup|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat masala powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||as needed|
- Soak the kala chana for 7-8 hours / overnight in water. Boil chana and potatoes with salt and water in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles over medium flame / until cooked.
- Take mashed potato, kala chana, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl. Mix them together with a spoon.
- Now the time starts to assemble panipuri. Take eachpuri and gently make a large hole on its top-middle side (thin side) by poking it with a spoon / finger for stuffing.
- Stuff it with masala. Sprinkle onion and sev followed by tamarind chutney over it.
- Takepani for panipuriin a medium bowl. Dip each puri in the pani and pop in mouth immediately !
- The stuffing can be as desire. Several items that can be stuffed in the puri are – boiled white channa, boiled green peas, boiled green gram (moong) sprouts, boiled mixed sprouts etc.