Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake is an eggless cake topped with caramelized pineapples and cherries. It is a self garnished cake among all other eggless cakes. Once baking done, slices of pineapple and cherries will glazed on top of the cake. Basically it is a traditional spongy cake with strong pineapple flavor & caramelized pineapple slices along with cherries on the top. So below is the step by step method of preparation.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 40 mins
|All purpose flour (Maida)||2 cup|
|Milkmaid||1 tin or 400 gm|
|Granulated sugar||5 tbsp|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Butter||100 gm or 2/5 cup|
|Pineapple essence||1/2 tsp|
|Aerated soda||3/4 cup|
|Pineapple Slices||8 no.|
- Preheat the oven at 180º C 10 mins before baking.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or line up with a butter paper. Arrange the pineapple slices at the base of the tin.
- Add water to sugar & heat it in a pan till it melts and becomes brown. Pour hot caramel onto the pineapple slices in the cake tin and leave aside.
- Add Milkmaid to the softened butter (room temperature) and beat well.
- Add pineapple essence to this & mix well.
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder & baking soda. Keep aside.
- Add some flour mixture to the milkmaid mixture and then add some aerated soda and mix well. Repeat, alternatively flour mixture and aerated soda till both are used up.
- Pour batter into the cake tin and bake at 180º C for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, loosen sides of cake using a knife and immediately turn onto a plate.
- Caramelization part is totally optional, can be omitted.
- Do not allow pineapple upside down cake to cool before removing from the tin.The caramelized sugar hardens and results in the cake sticking to the tin.
- The cake batter should be used for baking immediately after mixing the ingredients. If the batter is allow to stand, it loses its lightness.
- It can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days.