Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 8 mins
|Coconut (grated)||1 cup|
|Cashews (chopped)||1/8 cup|
|Elaichi powder||2 pinch|
- Take a pan and fry cashews till golden brown and set aside. Keep a tray ready greased.
- Heat coconut and sugar together & mix well. Stir constantly in medium flame.
- Then sugar will melt and form a thick liquid. Continue this until the mixture starts leaving the pan and forms a foamy whitish bubbles while stirring. Color should not change.
- Add cashews, elaichi powder & mix well.
- Then pour immediately to the greased tray and press it with a greased aluminium foil to give it a smooth finish. Cut in to any desired shape while it is still warm.
- The time taken to get the perfect consistency of burfi varies upon the pan thickness, heat and moisture in coconut.
- Don’t set the mixture in tray for so long until it cools down, otherwise it will be very difficult to make pieces.
- Sharp knife / pizza cutter / cookie cutter can be used for giving shape.
- Stirring should stop immediately after the consistency reached, otherwise the sugar’ll get caramelized and color will start to change.