easy and quick snack using some bell pepper rings stuffed with a flavorful potato mixture.
Completely VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE snack.
If there is one vegetable that would grab the attention even from a novice cook in a veggie store, in all seasons and for all good reasons, then that is the bell pepper. Easy to cook, crunchy to bite, this non-spicy chili has hollow interiors clumped with a bunch of seeds around the top layer. This is available in dark green, bright yellow and lively red colours throughout the world. It is perhaps the only vegetable that would well go in any cuisine worldwide or dish, be it soups, salads, curries, gravies, pizzas, pastas etc.
The green bell peppers are known as capsicum or Simla mirch in India. These can be eaten raw or cooked, stuffed or roasted to black, then the skin peeled, to reveal a sweet, yet savoury addition to a salad, quiche or antipasto platter. In indian food, there are also so many ways to incorporate this vegetable. One can include in pulao, biryani, salad, stir fry, curry, dip or stuff these with any favorite ingredients and grill / pan fry.
Check these capsicum recipes from my blog :
As monsoon is here in India, so we all love to have some lip-smacking and delicious hot snacks with friends on a cozy and cold evening. So using capsicum (green bell pepper) here is Capsicum Ring Patties.
Sounds super temping, yes / no ?
What is Capsicum Ring Patties ?
As per the name, capsicum are sliced in ring shapes. Then a flavorful stuffing is used to make the patties here.
— RECIPE CARD —
Bell Pepper Patties | Capsicum Ring Patties
- 8-10 no. Capsicum ( green bell pepper) (1 inch thick ring)
- 2 no. Potato (boiled) (large)
- 2-3 no. Green chili (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- ½ tsp Cumin seed
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- Peanut (crushed) few
- 1 tsp Oil + for shallow frying
- Salt as needed
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Next add chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
- After that add roughly teared curry leaves and chopped green chilies, sauté a bit.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and give a quick mix.
- Now add the boiled and mashed potatoes along with salt.
- Mix everything very well.
- Finally add crushed peanuts and give a nice mix again.
- Transfer to a plate and allow to cool down completely.
- Line all the capsicum rings over a plate and fill each one with cooled potato mixture.
- Heat a tawa / griddle and grease with oil.
- Now carefully place the stuffed rings over the tawa, keeping space in between.
- Allow to cook over low-medium heat.
- Drizzle little more oil all over the patties, flip and allow to cook the other side.
- When both sides seem light brown, transfer to a plate.
- Serve hot with some ketchup !
- Here is no coating to the patties. I have just stuffed the capsicum rings with the mixture and shallow fried.
- Spiciness varies depending upon individual choice.
- Peanut gives a nice crunch to the patties, so don’t skip that if there is no nut allergy.
- Any color bell pepper can be opted. I have used only the green ones.