The eggless caramel custard is a light and tasty pudding featuring the custard baked in the caramelized moulds. The textures and flavours of this pudding represent it as an exotic dessert. It’s really a good alternative for those people who hate drinking plain milk. So here is the recipe for this tasty pudding.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 7 mins
|Vanilla custard powder||2 tbsp|
|Essence (vanilla)||1 tsp|
Sugar (for caramel)
- Mix custard powder in a bowl with 1/4 cup milk.
- Mix till there is no lumps. Add rest of milk, stirring well. Then add sugar & essence.
- Pour Caramel on a cake mould. Coat on all sides & set that aside. Then pour the custard mixture on it.
- Microwave it for 5 to 7 mins on full power. Now take it out and set aside for 5 to 10 mins.
- Invert it. Cut and serve lovely caramel custard !
- Custard powder can be homemade / bought from store.
- When you pour the custard mixture over the caramel, it may look like mixing all. But later, the caramel will settle in the bottom.
- It may look giggly when u take out after done, but it will set as it cools.
- Each oven will vary. So keep an eye on it from 5 mins.
- Taste will be enhanced more if refrigerated.
- Caramel part can be omitted & then it’ll give plain vanilla custard.
- This recipe can be done in a pressure cooker without putting the whistle (Caramel Custard Pudding).