Roasted Corn Salad
a healthy and delicious salad using some roasted corn, ideal for a brunch or as a light meal.
- 2 no. Corn on the cob
- ¾ cup Cucumber (small cube)
- ¾ cup Tomato (small cube)
- ¾ cup Onion (small cube)
- 1-2 no. Green chili (chopped)
- Coriander leaf (chopped) few
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- Salt as needed
Roast the corn on the cob -
Keeping all the husks attached to the cob, place both the corn on the cob over a oven-proof tray and microwave for 5-6 minutes. This will steam the corn.
Take out from the oven and discard the husks.
Then to get the char effect, just place over gas stove at medium-high heat, rotating in between till the chars are visible all over the corn.
or, directly roast the corn over the gas stove at medium heat, rotating in between till the corn gets roasted evenly. This process will take more time as compared to the above one.
Prepare the Salad -
Keep aside the corn on the cob to cool down completely.
Then using a knife gently slice the kernels off of the corn cob.
Add the corns to a mixing bowl along with chopped cucumber, tomatoes and onions.
Also add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies along with pepper powder, lemon juice, salt.
Gently mix everything using a spoon / fork till thoroughly combine.
Roasted corn salad is ready to serve !
- Any method one can follow to roast the corn. I have mentioned some ways, pick as per convenient.
- Adjust the spiciness as desired.
- Any other ingredients like bell peppers, zucchini, etc can be added too.
- Cheeses like feta cheese or even goat cheese also add a nice taste to the salad. Add if wish.
- I have kept this salad super simple, if wish one can use some dressing in this salad too.